When faced with a construction dispute, it’s crucial to have the right guidance to ensure a timely and fair resolution. That’s why it’s important to seek knowledgeable representation to navigate the construction issue you’re facing. At Garrity Traina, our team of Columbia construction litigation attorneys has been safeguarding the best interests of individuals and companies since 1970. We have extensive experience representing clients in all facets of the construction industry.
Comprehensive Representation for All Parties
Our firm is equipped to represent any party involved in construction litigation issues, including:
Proven Track Record
At Garrity Traina, we understand the importance of maintaining a solid reputation while providing effective representation. Over the years, our construction litigation team has successfully recovered more than $40 million for clients involved in construction-related disputes from 1998 to 2006.
Please note that the results achieved in our past cases do not guarantee similar outcomes in your case. The outcome of litigation is contingent upon various factual and legal circumstances that may differ in each individual case.
Types of Construction Litigation Issues in Columbia
Construction disputes can encompass various areas, including but not limited to:
- Breach of contract: Disagreements arising from the terms and conditions of a contract between parties involved in the construction project.
- Construction defects: Claims related to faulty workmanship, design errors, or the use of defective materials.
- Delay or non-performance: Disputes arising from project delays, failure to meet deadlines, or failure to fulfill contractual obligations.
- Payment disputes: Issues concerning non-payment, delayed payment, or disputes over the amount owed for services rendered or materials supplied.
- Design errors: Disputes arising from errors or omissions in the design plans or specifications provided by architects or engineers.
In situations involving construction disputes, Garrity Traina works closely with clients to explore alternative avenues to avoid litigation whenever possible. Our Columbia construction litigation lawyers are skilled in fostering constructive dialogue between all parties involved, striving to preserve important relationships. However, if resolution through negotiation proves unattainable, our experienced attorneys are prepared to protect our clients’ rights during the litigation process.
Our firm also handles insurance disputes and coverage litigation. Whether you’re a homeowner seeking to address issues with your property or a builder aiming to enforce your rights under a commercial general liability policy, Garrity Traina offers the legal counsel you need. Our attorneys are well-versed in mechanic’s lien litigation, providing experienced guidance should you need to file or challenge a mechanic’s lien.
Steps to Take If You Have a Construction Dispute
If you find yourself embroiled in a construction dispute that may escalate to litigation, consider the following steps:
- Document the issue: Collect all pertinent documents, including contracts, correspondence, invoices, change orders, and photographs related to the dispute.
- Consult an attorney: Seek legal advice from an experienced Columbia construction litigation lawyer at Garrity Traina. They will assess your situation, explain your rights and options, and guide you through the litigation process.
- Explore mediation or negotiation: Before pursuing litigation, explore alternative dispute resolution methods such as mediation or negotiation to try to reach a resolution outside of court.
- File a lawsuit: If other methods fail, your attorney may file a lawsuit on your behalf to initiate the formal litigation process.
Understanding the Statute of Limitations for Construction Lawsuits
The statute of limitations sets the time limit within which a lawsuit must be filed. In South Carolina, the statute of limitations for construction litigation may vary depending on the specific type of claim and the circumstances surrounding it. It’s crucial to consult with a construction litigation lawyer in Columbia, such as those at Garrity Traina, to understand the applicable statute of limitations in your case.
For expert legal assistance with construction litigation matters in Columbia, SC, contact Garrity Traina today. Our skilled attorneys are ready to provide you with the guidance you need. Se habla Español.