At Garrity Traina, we believe in the importance of providing equal access to the internet for everyone. That’s why we are dedicated to making our website accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of their circumstances or abilities.
To achieve this, we are committed to adhering closely to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 (WCAG 2.1) set by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) at the AA level. These guidelines provide instructions on how to make web content accessible to individuals with various disabilities. By following these guidelines, we can ensure that our website is inclusive and accessible to people with visual impairments, motor impairments, cognitive disabilities, and more.
To maximize accessibility, our website utilizes advanced technologies. We have implemented an accessibility interface that allows individuals with specific disabilities to customize the user interface according to their personal needs. Additionally, we employ an AI-based application that continuously optimizes the website’s accessibility level. This application enhances the HTML structure, adapts its behavior for screen-readers used by blind individuals, and facilitates keyboard navigation for those with motor impairments.
We value your feedback and encourage you to reach out to us if you encounter any issues or have suggestions for improvement. Please contact our website operators via email.
Screen-reader and Keyboard Navigation
We understand the importance of screen-reader accessibility for individuals with visual impairments. That’s why we have implemented the Accessible Rich Internet Applications (ARIA) attributes and made various behavioral changes to ensure a seamless browsing experience for screen-reader users. Upon entering our site, screen-reader users will be prompted to enter the Screen-Reader Profile, which enables them to effectively navigate and interact with our website.
Our background process ensures ongoing compliance by providing screen-readers with meaningful data through the ARIA set of attributes. We offer accurate form labels, descriptions for actionable icons, validation guidance for form inputs, and proper element roles. Moreover, our process generates ALT tags that provide accurate descriptions of images and extracts embedded texts using OCR technology. To activate screen-reader adjustments at any time, users can simply press the Alt+1 keyboard combination. We support popular screen readers like JAWS and NVDA.
Supporting Disability Profiles
At Garrity Traina, we are dedicated to providing a website that caters to various disability profiles. We understand that different impairments require specific accommodations. Hence, our website offers the following modes to enhance accessibility:
- Epilepsy Safe Mode: This mode eliminates flashing or blinking animations to ensure website safety for individuals with epilepsy.
- Visually Impaired Mode: Designed for users with visual impairments such as Degrading Eyesight, Tunnel Vision, Cataract, Glaucoma, and others.
- Cognitive Disability Mode: Provides assistive options for users with cognitive impairments like Dyslexia, Autism, and CVA, enabling easier focus on essential website elements.
- ADHD Friendly Mode: Helps users with ADHD and Neurodevelopmental disorders by reducing distractions and improving readability.
- Blindness Mode: Fully compatible with popular screen-readers, such as JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver, and TalkBack, enabling access for blind users.
- Keyboard Navigation Profile (Motor-Impaired): Enables individuals with motor impairments to browse the website using keyboard shortcuts and keys such as Tab, Shift+Tab, and Enter.
Additional UI, Design, and Readability Adjustments
We understand that personalized adjustments can significantly enhance the browsing experience for our users. Hence, we offer several customization options, including:
- Font adjustments: Users can modify the size, type, spacing, alignment, and line height of the website’s fonts.
- Color adjustments: We provide various color contrast profiles such as light, dark, inverted, and monochrome. Users can also switch color schemes for titles, texts, and backgrounds, choosing from over seven different options.
- Animations: Users with epilepsy can disable all animations on the website, eliminating potential triggers.
- Content highlighting: Users can choose to emphasize important elements such as links and titles. They can also opt to highlight focused or hovered elements only.
- Audio muting: Users with hearing devices can easily mute the website to prevent any undesired audio playback.
- Cognitive disorders: To aid individuals with cognitive disorders, we utilize a search engine linked to Wikipedia and Wiktionary, helping decipher phrases, initials, slang, and more.
- Additional functions: We offer various convenient functions like changing cursor color and size, printing mode, and enabling a virtual keyboard.
Browser and Assistive Technology Compatibility
We strive to support a wide range of browsers and assistive technologies, ensuring that our users can access our website with minimal limitations. Our website is compatible with all major systems, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Opera, and Microsoft Edge. We also ensure compatibility with popular screen-readers like JAWS and NVDA for both Windows and MAC users.
Notes, Comments, and Feedback
While we have made every effort to make our website accessible to all users, there may still be pages or sections that require improvement. We are continuously working on enhancing and expanding our accessibility options by adopting new technologies and incorporating user feedback. For any assistance or further inquiries, please contact us.