Representing Victims of Drunk Driving Injuries in Wyoming
Drunk driving remains a significant issue in the United States, with two-thirds of Americans likely to be affected by such accidents in their lifetime. Shockingly, every two minutes, someone sustains injuries due to a drunk driving incident.
At Garrity Traina, our team of seasoned attorneys is dedicated to representing clients who have been injured as a result of accidents caused by intoxicated drivers in Cheyenne. We understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll these accidents can have on individuals and their families. That’s why our skilled Cheyenne drunk driving accident lawyers are here to assess your case, help you file a claim, and fight for fair compensation to cover the damages incurred.
Filing a Claim after a Drunk Driving Accident
If you’ve been injured in an accident caused by an individual whose ability to drive was impaired by alcohol, whether within legal limits or not, you have the right to seek compensation. Depending on the drunk driver’s driving history and the severity of your injuries, they may face fines, license suspension, probation, or even incarceration.
Steps to Take After Being Hit by a Drunk Driver
It’s crucial to take the necessary steps to protect yourself and your rights in the aftermath of a drunk driving accident. Here are some key actions to consider:
- Inform your insurance company about the potential need to file an uninsured driver or SUM claim.
- Contact the insurance company of the driver responsible for the accident to inform them about your intention to file a claim.
- Prepare yourself for potential involvement in the criminal process.
- Before accepting any settlements, consult with an attorney. Avoid impulsively accepting the first offer.
- Gather information about the drunk driver, including where they consumed alcohol, and collect any available witness statements.
Evaluating Settlement Amounts for Drunk Driving Accidents
Determining the average settlement for drunk driving accidents can be challenging due to the unique circumstances of each case. However, settlements typically take into account various damages, such as:
- Injuries sustained
- Medical expenses, including long-term treatment
- Lost wages
- Vehicle repair or replacement
- Rental car expenses
- Funeral costs
Alarming Drunk Driving Statistics in Wyoming
Wyoming is not immune to the dangers of drunk driving. According to the Wyoming Department of Transportation’s data:
- In 2012, DUI arrests accounted for approximately 33% of all arrests in Wyoming.
- The average blood alcohol content of individuals arrested for public intoxication in Wyoming in the same year was 0.267, which is over three times the legal limit.
- Nearly 3% of DUI arrests in 2012 involved individuals under the age of 21.
- Minors obtained alcoholic beverages in various locations, including parties, their homes, and establishments like bars or liquor stores.
- In 2012, over 980 traffic accidents in Wyoming were caused by driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol. These accidents resulted in 402 injuries and 37 fatalities.
Don’t Settle for Less: Seek Legal Assistance
When it comes to negotiating with insurance companies, it’s crucial to have a strong legal ally by your side. At Garrity Traina, our personal injury legal team is committed to ensuring that you receive the compensation you rightfully deserve. We won’t allow insurance companies to shortchange you.
Contact our esteemed drunk driving lawyers in Cheyenne at Garrity Traina now. Dial (307) 222-4932 to speak with one of our compassionate and highly skilled advocates who will fight for your rights.